80 HOURS IN FORT LAUDERDALE.
Road Trip, Fort Lauderdale to Key West, 18-19 April 2018
Road Trip. Fort Lauderdale - Everglades - Florida Keys to Key West.
Hire a rental car and drive to the Everglades Holiday Park. Take a 1 hour Air Boat tour of the Everglades and watch the gator show afterwards.
Then drive to Key West on U.S. Route 1. The drive takes you approximately 4 hours from Fort Lauderdale to Key West. (400 miles round trip) Drive along the Florida Keys. Overnight at a hotel and drive back the following day.
Florida Keys to Key West
Florida Keys to Key West.
The Everglades Holiday Park
TRIP REVIEW - KEY WEST:
Dinner: Bagatelle (Duval Street)
Breakfast: Denny’s Diner
24 Degrees North (USD 220 per room / night)
1. Duval Street. (Main tourist strip)
2. Southmost Point (Southern most point in the continental U.S.A)
3. Ernest Hemmingway Home & Museum
4. Mallory Square (Sunset watching)
5. Dry Tortugas National Park (Fort built by the U.S. government to protect and control the Gulf of Mexico)
6. Mel Fisher Maritime Museum
7. Harry S Truman Little White House (Once the vacation retreat for U.S. Presidents Truman, Eisenhower & Kennedy)
8. Oldest House (The oldest house in South Florida, built in 1829)
9. Key West Aquarium
10. Counch Tour Train
11. Shipwreck Treasure Museum
12. Fort Zachary Taylor (1845 - 1866)